1. Contest will open on September 15, 2014. All entries must be uploaded to the Vimeo Trailer Trashed Channel by midnight Pacific Time on November 27, 2014.
2. Entries must be in the format of a movie trailer.
3. Submissions must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length. Should you win, a shortened version may be requested for ad spot use.
4. Submissions must convey this year’s waste reduction theme. We’re here to help, and are happy to act as a resource to ensure your content is accurately portrayed.
5. Entries can utilize any film genre and production style.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries per individual or group.
7. Contest is open to everyone. Amateur and professionals alike are invited to participate!
8. There is no age limit. If you are under the age of 16, you must notify your parent of your intent to enter the contest – should you win, the cheque must be made out in their name.
9. Submissions must be entirely original material. Please do not use footage or screen shots from a film, TV show, video game or commercial. Homages and parodies however, are acceptable and encouraged.
10. Any submission including inappropriate content will not be accepted. Submissions may not contain sexually explicit material, incite hatred, or depict abuse or extreme violence.
11. You must have the legal right to use any music featured in your trailer. Many musicians have licensed their work for use under creative commons copyright. Please ensure that you are not using music for which a licensing fee must be paid.
12. All videos submitted must be available under shared copyright for ongoing use by RCBC and associated title sponsor.
13. Finally, we ask that you register with us using the form below. This will save your seat at our screening event and give you access to one-on-one advising to ensure your information is accurate and to receive updates from us regarding the competition.